We build a lot of complicated application but we also build some simple ones that simply work well and are cost effective. A good example of this is the “Subscribe To Download” widget we built for BEC Recording artist August Burns Red (check it out at http://www.merchdirect.com/augustburnsred). The widget (which is embedded on the band’s merch site) allows fans to download a sampler (handpicked by the band) in exchanged for subscribing to a newsletter. Also embedded in the widget is a SoundCloud player. What really nice about the widget is that is uses BEC’s own Amazon S3 account to securely deliver the download. Our download API’s integrated directly with their Amazon S3 – this means they don’t have to pay us any extra for the bandwidth associated with the promotion (78MB x 10–20K fans quickly adds up), at the same time they benefit from having a secure download they control and download stats/reporting via Amazon S3.
Last 5 posts in General
- Welcome Sony Music Europe - We Love You - September 16th, 2016
- Appreciation Engine Support for UMG clients - September 2nd, 2016
- WordPress Site Development for Sony Music Artists - September 2nd, 2016
- Jencarlos: Pa Que Me Invitan Video and Phone Hotline - August 12th, 2016
- Metablocks Facebook Chatbot Platform Beta - August 1st, 2016